Guadalajara, culture and business
The host city of the Fair embraces this cultural event as one of its most joyful celebrations of the year. Museums, art centers, restaurants, cafes, bars and even the streets make the greatest literary festivity in Ibero-America their own and invite visitors to live a unique experience.
- A modern and welcoming city, its historical center is considered a treasure of colonial architecture.
- It offers a variety of museums, monuments, excursions and festivals
- The weather is mild and sunny most of the year, one of the best in the country.
- It is home to one of the best cuisines in Mexico, and the birthplace of tequila and mariachi music.
- Due to its unbeatable geographic location, it is considered the commercial heart of Western Mexico.
- It is a 45-minute flight from Mexico City and 20-minute from Puerto Vallarta. The international airport offers an excellent direct air connection to many cities in the USA.
From the airport to Guadalajara
- Miguel Hidalgo International Airport is approximately 20 minutes from downtown Guadalajara.
- To get into town, you have two options:
- Purchase a ticket at the authorized taxi booth (priced by zone) located outside the arrivals gate
- Rent a car at the car rental booths
Please bear in mind that FIL offers:
- Teatro Diana: located at the former Cine Diana, designed by architect Julio de la Peña and a fine example of the architectural and technological avant-garde of downtown Guadalajara in the 1960’s, the Teatro Diana is now one of the leading performing spaces in Western Mexico. Renovated by the Universidad de Guadalajara to serve as a venue for large theatre shows as well as independent productions, the Teatro Diana is a diverse forum that attempts to bring to Guadalajara the best of the world’s entertainment night after night.
- Auditorio Telmex: The Auditorio TELMEX is one of the most important stages in Latin America. Located in the metropolitan area of Guadalajara, it is part of a more ambitious and significant cultural project of the University of Guadalajara in the past years.
- Museo de las Artes: The Arts Museum is a spaced dedicated to the plastic arts, offering the public a stimulating and comfortable space where many generations and trends of thought can coexist.
- Visit Jalisco.
- Oficina de Visitantes y Convenciones de Guadalajara (OFVC): OFVC is the Office of Visitors and Conventions of Guadalajara, operator arm of the Trust Fund of Tourism of the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, we are in charge of the activities related with tourist promotion, fairs, congresses and conventions information, that are carried out in the Guadalajara Metropolitan Area.
- Official website of the Guadalajara tourism office
- Expo Guadalajara